How To Save Money on Groceries?
Groceries are household
items that are needed on daily basis and they take the major
chunk of your monthly budget therefore it is important to deal
with grocery shopping intelligently. These are the most
important things in our life without which nobody can survive.
You have to cater for grocery shopping either in your daily
budget or on weekly and monthly basis. This all depends on you
that how to deal with them but keep following points in mind for
saving money on grocery shopping:
1. Buy all you need for a week if not month. Grocery stores normally offer discounts on bulk purchasing. It will not only saves you money but also your time.
2. Plan and make a list of all your weekly requirements and then stick to it.
3. Keep your health factor in mind while shopping for groceries. Try cutting down or minimizing all sweets, white flour products and fatty foods.
4. Be an intelligent comparison shopper. Buy special items from many stores. Each store maybe offering one or two items at discount.
5. Eat something before going for grocery shopping, never go hungry. This way you will not bounce into unnecessary junk foods.
6. Buy your favorite foods or the foods often used by you in large containers or in bulk.
7. In season fruits and vegetables are cheaper because of demand and supply balances, so stock up on them for future days.
8. Minimize the use of soft drinks, sugary foods, junk and non nutritional foods.
9. If you have your own open space, you must grow your own vegetables, fruits and herbs.
10. You should be wise enough to prepare certain items at home. Learns to make your own soaps, jams, jellies, ice cream, cakes and biscuits etc. Homemade items are not only healthy but are also considered to be great money savers.
11. If you can discipline yourself, avoid fancy, fattening deserts, Think if you really need them.
12. High coffee prices can only be negotiated by minimizing its intake or substituting it with black or green tea.
13. Try to avoid using readymade snacks. Make pop corns, chips etc at home.
14. Children should be taught not to waste food. Serve them smaller portions, they may need more after sometime.
15. New or improved convenience products and advertisement should not affect your shopping list.
16. Use of powdered milk instead of fresh milk can also help you save some extra money.
17. Leftovers, peels of fruits and vegetables should never be considered as useless. Collect leftover recipes and you will be amazed to learn what all can be done with the leftovers.
18. You know staying slimmer means good health, therefore eat less, serve yourself smaller portions.
19. Eating out at restaurants should be kept to bare minimum. However if you do so take all leftovers in a bag with you.
20. If you are lucky enough to find fruit and vegetables farms near your house then buy all fresh from there.
21. Learn to cook from a good frugal recipe book. Its price will pay off in a week.
22. Foods come in the form of fresh, frozen, canned and dried. Compare their prices and buy the least expensive ones.
23. Sometimes damaged merchandize can be bought at reduced prices. Search for crushed cartons, dented cans etc.
You May Also Like
- Importance Of Saving Money in Your Life
- How to Save Money Wisely?
- How to Avoid Temptation To Spend Money?
- How to Save Money on Electricity Bills?
- How to Save Money on Family Clothes